- Conduct research and carry out studies within its field of work.
- Develop projects and participate in national, regional and international projects.
- Provide technical assistance in the framework of EU Integration.
- Provide consultancy services.
- Design and realize capacity building and training activities.
- Carry out expert evaluations.
- Perform visibility studies and prepare strategic documents.
- Prepare management plans.
- Preparation of field databases.
- Produce applications and digital platforms.
- Prepare and publish manuals, books and similar educational materials.
- Promote partnership between research and education institutions.
- Establish a communication platform between public and private actors, within the country and beyond.
South East European Institute for Energy and Sustainable Development
Global Solar Water Heating Market Transformation and Strengthening Initiative, Albanian Country Program (2017).
Funding source: EU FP7
National level. Prof. As. Dr. A. Dorri was local coordinator.
Norway Macedonia Albania Kosovo - Sustainable Energy Development at Academia / NORMAK Sustainable Energy / HERD Energy Program (2016).
Funding source: Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affair
Prof. As. Dr. A. Dorri was local coordinator for Albania. Prof. Lamani Londo was member of the team of the project.
Renewable Energy Studies in Western Balkan Countries 2016.
Funding source: European Commission under the project number 544504-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-DE-TEMPUS-JPCR
Aim: The reform of the studies in the five partner universities in the field of renewable energy. Hohenheim University in Germany was coordinator of the project. Prof. A. Londo Lamani was local coordinator for Albania. Prof. As. A. Dorri was member of the Albanian team of the project.
Knowledge transfer and research needs for preparing mitigation/adaptation policy portfolios (2011 – 2013).
Funding source: EU FP7
Aim: The development and evaluation of Mitigation/Adaptation (M/A) policy portfolios and the prioritization of research needs and gaps for twelve (12) emerging economies (Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Albania, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Turkey and Ukraine) NKUAKEPA - coordinator. Regional and national level; Prof. A. Londo Lamani was local coordinator for Albania.
Our founding team
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andonaq Londo Lamani is the Executive Director of the SEEIESD and professor at Energy Department, Mechanical Engineering Faculty within Polytechnic University of Tirana. He served for three mandates as the Dean of Mechanical Engineering Faculty and is author of several textbooks and many of academic articles in the field of the energy, fluid mechanics and fluid machinery. He is senior lecturer in fluid mechanics, thermofluid systems, building energy performance, energy auditing and energy certification. He is author of teaching program for the training of certified energy auditors in Albania. He enjoys a rich experience in the field of energy efficiency and impact of energy in environmental. Prof. Lamani (Londo) has specialized in several universities across Europe, including the University of Siegen, Germany (Institute fur Fluid und Thermodynamic) where is invited professor; Siegen University in Germany; Politecnico di Bari, Italy; E.S.I.P. Poitiers - France; Technical University of Athens, Greece (NTUA); the University of Limerick, Ireland; and the Technical University of Budapest, Hungary. His main research interests are in the field of Energy and Climate Change etc. Since 2003 he is a supervisor of 5 PhD thesis on energy efficiency and renewable energy utilisation. Prof. Lamani is the leader of many projects funded by the European Union (FP7; TEMPUS) in the field of renewable energies and energy efficiency as well as in projects funded by the Albanian government (Program for Water and Energy 2007 - 2017).
- Prof. Dr. As.-Ing. Altin Dorri is head of the Energy department at Polytechnic University of Tirana from 2012. He is Membership of professional bodies: Mechanical Engineer Association, Albanian Thermogenic Association; Prof.as. Altin Dorri was local coordinator, member and expert of several project in the field of Energy audit and energy efficiency. Prof.as. Dr.-Ing.Dorri is the member as expert of many projects funded by the European Union ( FP7; TEMPUS ) in the field of renewable energies and energy efficiency as well as in projects funded by the Albanian government (Program for Water and Energy 2007 - 2017). He is member of the executive Board of SEEIESD.
- Dr.-Ing. Altin Bidaj completed his Master Degree in Civil Engineering at Faculty Civil Engineering at Polytechnic University of Tirana. He has completed PhD study in the field of energetics certification of the building at Polytechnic University of Tirana and also serves as a full time lecturer of mechanics of structure at Civil Engineering Faculty at Polytechnic University of Tirana. He is head of Department. His interest field are energy audit; energy efficiency in building, estate evaluation, environmental evaluation, design of civil and industrial structures etc. He is member of the executive Board of SEEIESD.
- Dr.-Ing. Luis Lamani joined the Polytechnic University of Tirana's Geoinformatics department as a scientific researcher in 2012. His areas of interest are web development, technical analysis of financial markets, and artificial intelligence. He completed a Doctoral in Technical Analysis of Financial Markets at the University of Tirana, Faculty of Economics.
Earlier, he completed the Bachelor and Master of Science degrees in Informatics Engineering. Previously, he worked in the Business Relay and Innovation Centre (BRIC) within Albanian Investment and Development Agency and in the banking sector within Raiffeisen Bank in Albania, covering the strategy of business innovation and information technology systems. He is the author of several articles and books. He is a member of the Executive Board of SEEIESD.